With the beginning of Tariff war between competitors , use of MNP [ Mobile Number Portability ] Service by users has been increased by greater extent . As Operators like Jio , Airtel , Vodafone-Idea etc are reducing their tariff plans , Users are willing to change to their favorite Telecom network based on many factors like network signal , customer service & personal attachment . With Porting your Sim , you can change your number to your desired mobile service , without losing your phone number . Earlier on our blog we have few articles on mobile number portability like Port Jio Number to other network , Port Idea mobile Number to other mobile service etc . But here on this page , we are going to provide you general information on Porting SIM i.e. we are not going to explain about porting to jio number , port number to airtel etc .
To be precise , porting your sim card , must satisfy few guidelines given by TRAI . If you are using your SIM Card for less than 90 Days , then you are not eligible for transferring your number to another telecom network .
One more important criteria , you must have cleared all your pending bills to port your sim card . If you have any pending arrears , network operator won’t allow you to transfer your number.
If you are assure of eligibility , then you can proceed to port your mobile number . Lets see the process to port sim card to another operator without changing your number.
Port Mobile SIM [ Step by Step Procedure ]
- Before Porting your mobile sim , first list out all the best telecom operators in your area. Lets suppose Reliance Jio , Airtel , Vodafone-Idea , Bsnl , MTNL etc are few service providers .
- Now do some research about these networks i.e. which network signal is good in your area , how about the customer service and recharge plans .
If you are convinced , then choose the network .Now comes the actual procedure to port mobile number i.e. you have to send to PORT message to 1900 . Port out SMS format is given below.
PORT <MOBILE NUMBER> to 1900
Send the PORT message from your number , which you want to transfer . This Port msg is treated as Number Post request .
- Once you have send the PORT Message , you will get UPC [ Unique Porting Code ] as SMS message on your mobile number . Keep this UPC code ,as you have enter this code while filling the form.
- Now look for the nearest store of the Network to which you want to migrate and tell them about the your requirement [ SIM porting ].
- From now, its in the hand of operator . They would fill the forum for you and while filling the details they will ask for UPC Code , you have got on your number.
- Submit all the documents asked by them like Driving License , Address proof , Aadhar Card etc.
That’s it . Porting of SIM Card is completed . They will some amount for porting service and new sim Card , settle the bill and get new SIM CARD on your Number .
Roughly it would take 7 days for activation and porting of your new Sim card . Till then you can use your old sim . Once the SIM port is completed , old SIM Card will stop working automatically . [ Ofcourse they will let you know about the activation through a SMS ].
Enjoy Calling to friends & family members from your same old mobile number but with new network service.
Useful Queries :
- How to get porting code without Sending SMS ?
As per our research , it is not possible to initiate Porting process without sending SMS . You have to get UPC code to change your number to new network .
- How to check Mobile Number Portability Status ?
You can check mobile number portability status by visiting mnpindia site . Another way is get portability status is by downloading a app named mobile number portability from Google play store.
- Mobile Portability Toll Free number ?
You can call the customer care number of your existing network or new network you are changing , to know more information about MNP Service .
Conclusion : Guys we have provided the general information on how to port mobile number sim . Hope we have cleared all your doubts on Online SIM Port . Any queries or suggestions please do let us know in the comments section.