International Mobile Equipment Identity, IMEI for short, is a unique identifier for your smartphone. You won’t find any two mobile phones possessing the same IMEI number.
Since IMEI number associates with a SIM slot, dual SIM mobile phones carry two IMEI numbers. The IMEI number is 15 digits long and is useful to fetch information regarding your mobile phones such as country of origin, the manufacturer, the model number, and the history of the phone.
In this guide, we are going to share with you certain methods to check the IMEI number of any phone. However, before that, you need to know the importance of the IMEI number.
Why IMEI number is important?
The IMEI number is necessary and useful in various situations. We have outlined a few of them below.
- Whenever you have to put your mobile phone under some sort of registration process you might require the device’s IMEI number.
- If you are selling your old phone online, the buyer will definitely check the IMEI number of the phone.
- If somebody steals your device, the first thing the police will ask is your device’s IMEI number to facilitate tracking. Moreover, you can ring up your network provider in such cases to blacklist your device. Again, possessing the IMEI number is necessary for this.
Going forward, the following are the different ways through which you can check the IMEI number of any phone.
- Vodafone 4G Internet Settings for High Speed Internet
- Port BSNL Number to Your Favorite Network [ Idea Vodafone Airtel jio ]
- Reliance Jio Ussd Codes [ Balance transfer,Check Balance ]
- How to Activate Vodafone Missed Call Alert with USSD Code
- Reliance Jio Customer Care Toll Free helpline Number
- Airtel Talktime & Internet Data Loan Code Number
- Activate Airtel Caller Tune with USSD Code & SMS Number
Methods to check the IMEI number of any Phone
Method 1 – Dialing the IMEI Code
You can get to know the IMEI number of any mobile phone simply by dialing *#06#. As soon as you complete entering the code the IMEI number of your phone will pop-up.
Method 2 – Retrieving the IMEI number on any iPhone
If you own an iPhone, simply navigate to Settings -> General -> About. Scroll down and you will see the IMEI number clearly mentioned.
Method 3 – Retrieving the IMEI number on any Android phone
If you are using an Android phone, navigate to Settings -> About Phone -> Status. Scroll down until you see the IMEI number.
Please note that for some Android phones, the navigation path might be Settings -> General -> About Device -> Status.
Method 4 – Checking IMEI number for mobile phones with a removable battery
This method works pretty much for any mobile with a removable battery. Power down your phone and remove the battery. Underneath the battery, you will notice a sticker that will carry the IMEI number of your device.
Method 5 – Checking IMEI number from the original packaging
If you have the original box in which your mobile phone came, you can get the IMEI number from there as well. Simply locate the barcode label affixed on your device’s packaging. On the label, along with barcode and serial number, you will notice the IMEI number mentioned as well. This method is pretty useful in case you have lost your phone and forgot to note down the IMEI number.
Conclusion- How to check the IMEI number of any phone
These were the various methods through which you can check the IMEI number of any phone. If you have any other method that is not present in this guide, please let our readers know about the same in the comments section provided below.
- How to Check IMEI Number of any phone?International Mobile Equipment Identity, IMEI for short, is a unique identifier for your smartphone. You won’t find any two mobile […]
- Vodafone Number Offer Check Code | Prepaid Special OffersAre you a Vodafone User looking for exiting offers on your number ? Are your a Vodafone prepaid user or […]
- BSNL DND [ How to Activate Do Not Disturb on your BSNL Mobile Number] DND statusAre you getting calls from various companies promoting their products & Schemes ? Without your prior approval these telecom companies […]
- Airtel DND Service [ Activate & Deactivate Do Not Disturb on Airtel Prepaid & Postpaid]Are you a Airtel Subscriber [ Prepaid or postpaid doesn’t matter ] ? then it’s quite common that you are […]
- Reliance Jio APN Settings [ Configure JIO 4G internet Settings ]Jio APN Settings : Reliance Jio is India’s fastest 4G internet Service Provider and we all know it is fact . […]