Port Idea number : In our earlier post we have covered info on porting jio number to other network operator. Just go through it once , you will get clear picture about MNP Service .Anyway Here we are going to cover about Mobile Number Portability Service info for our blog visitors.
Mobile Number Portability Service allows you to transfer your mobile number to any other network [ Jio to Airtel , Jio to Idea , Idea to Airtel ,Idea to Vodafone ,Jio to Vodafone etc ], with out changing your mobile number . Every telecom operator provides this service for its users and its main motto is to attract new Users from other networks .
At the same time , from User’s perspective , MNP comes handy in saying good bye to present network . As we are discussing about porting idea number , we will assume that you guys are willing to change your network from Idea to Jio [ Airtel , Vodafone or Bsnl ].
No User will quit the Network with out any specific reason . There must be valid reason for him to do so. Reason may be a mistake / bad service from present network or great offers from its rival company .
Anyway , here we will explain the procedure to Transfer Your Mobile Number from idea to Other Mobile Network . Along with that , we will explain about few important queries a user faces while porting a number , like “what documents should be submitted for porting “ , “Eligibility Criteria for porting “ , “ what are the conditions which make people to choose different operators” etc .
How to Port Idea Number to Other Network ? [ Airtel ,Jio , Vodafone , Bsnl ]
What Exactly is a Port ?
For suppose you are a idea customer and you are facing issues with them like , idea customer care people are not responding to queries , very bad network signal in my locality , Very slow 4G Data , etc.
In such situations , most of the Idea Users will definitely look for other best option available [ May be Airtel , Vodafone Idea , Bsnl , MTNL ] .
Another case where Idea users may port their number is “When you are competitors are providing the same service for cheap price [ infact better service ] “.
So Number Portability Service is both “boon & curse “ for telecom Operators . It is boon for Telecom Operators with best service & offers , and at the same time curse for telecom operators who could not stay in the competition .
We all know that earlier Idea , Vodafone , Airtel were leading the Indian Telecom industry . But with sudden entry JIO , whole scenario has changed. Reliance Jio is offering 4G data for very cheap cost & unlimited calls . Our telecom biggies are facing huge competition from Jio, it has become a mandatory step for them to cut down the prices .
Recently two top companies Idea & Vodafone Merged to become “Vodafone Idea Limited “, which is now India Largest telecom Company.
Let’s not get deviate from Our topic. So Porting is nothing but “ Quitting from Old network [ In this case Idea ] and migrating to new Operator , without changing your mobile number”.
Port Idea Number to Other Network Operators [ Step by Step Procedure ]
Porting of idea of number starts with sending a message [ from idea mobile number ] to get UPC [ Unique Porting Code ].
SMS format is : PORT <space><Mobile Number> to 1900
- Send the SMS in the above format from your Idea Phone Number which you want to Port.
- After sending the SMS Successfully , you will get UPC code on your Mobile as SMS. [ This UPC code is valid only for 15 Days ].
- Now the next step is to visit the nearest telecom store in your Area [ JIO store if you are transferring your mobile number to jio , Similarly Airtel & Bsnl ].
- Go to the Jio Telecom Store [ We are assuming that you are porting to Jio ] , and tell them about Porting of your Idea Number .They will guide you on Idea Port Number.
- While going to Jio store, you should keep the information i.e. UPC Code , Local Address Proof & passport Size Photograph . Submit those documents , jio store employee / Manager would complete the process , and will give a NEW JIO SIM CARD.
- Ofcourse you have pay nominal fee for using MNP Service [ Rs 19 for MNP Service + Rs XXX for New Sim Card ].
- With in 7 Days from Submission of documents , “Port Idea Number to Jio” will be completed .
- Once the New Jio Sim gets Activated , Old Idea Sim will be deactivated automatically [ You need not worry about them ].
Requirements & Eligibility Criteria to Request Idea Porting
- You must be a idea subscriber for atleast 90 Days to start porting process.
- In case you are Idea postpaid User , you must clear all the outstanding bills .
- Even if you are Idea Prepaid user , you must clear loan amount i.e. Idea talktime loan taken , when you are out of Main Balance .
- Idea Porting Request must be in the same circle.
Conclusion : That’s it Guys .. Our Guide on “Port Idea number to Jio [ Other telecom Operators like Airtel , Bsnl , Vodafone Idea limited “ is done . Any queries / suggestions on Porting please do let us know using contact us form.