Want to Port Airtel Mobile Number to other leading telecom operators like Vodafone Idea, Jio, Bsnl etc? The Process is very simple and we are going to explain complete details on Porting Airtel Number. But before that have a look at our preceding articles where we have covered articles related to Mobile Number Portability i.e. How to Port Idea Number to any other network , Porting of BSNL Number to Jio,Airtel,Idea & Port Jio Number to other Operator.
Mobile Number Portability MNP is a service regulated by TRAI & All the telecom companies are providing this service for its users. With MNP you can transfer your mobile number from network to another operator without changing the mobile number.
Major Telecom Operators are in a race to increase their User base by offering the best offers in the industry. Especially after the launch of Reliance Jio, competition among telecom companies has become more aggressive.
You cannot Port a new Airtel connection number to other operators like Vodafone idea,jio,bsnl & reliance Jio. You Airtel mobile number should meet certain criteria to be eligible for number portability. One such requirement is “You Airtel number should be at least 90 Days Old” to start Porting process.
Lets see the procedure to Port Airtel phone number to Vodafone idea, Reliance jio, Bsnl and the documents required in transferring a mobile number from one network to another.
- Idea Customer Care Toll Free Helpline Numbers
- Bsnl Customer Care Phone Number
- Different Ways to Find IMEI Number of any android phone
- Idea USSD code to Check 4G/3G internet balance
- Reliance Jio All states & Cities USSD codes list
- How to Activate & Set Vodafone Hello Tune on your number
How to Port Airtel Sim [ Mobile Number] to Jio,Vodafone Idea & Bsnl ?
So you have decided to port you Airtel sim to another mobile operator right ?..
Then the next step to initiate Airtel number porting process is to send a SMS message from your number [ which you want to port] to 1900.
SMS PORT <Mobile Number> to 1900
Sending the above SMS message from your number is nothing but you have placed a request to port your number.
After you have sent the SMS, you will receive a code i.e. UPC [ Unique Porting Code ] on your number. This Unique porting code is very much important to complete the Airtel sim Porting procedure.
You had sent SMS and requested to port your number. You have got UPC code on your airtel number. The next step is to visit the nearest Operator store [ Vodafone Idea, Jio, Bsnl etc ], to which you want to port your existing Airtel Number.
Let’s assume that you are porting your Airtel Sim to Jio. So you have to move to nearest JIo store and ask the executive in the store about porting mobile number.
From there, it is his responsibility and he will look after all the formalities like filling the forum. Executive will ask you the required documents and a photograph of yours.
Documents required for porting Airtel Number :
- You must submit your address proof or government issued id card
- A passport photo
- Last and the most important i.e. UPC code .
- Now pay the amount required for porting your phone number. Once you the paid the amount, store executive will hand over a new Sim Card to you.
- It would take around 4 Days for your new Sim card to get activate. Once the New 4G sim card of new network activates, Old Airtel sim card automatically gets deactivated.
- Insert your new Sim Card in your mobile phone and if you see any signal bars , then call 59059 from your number for Tele verification.
That’s it .You have successfully ported your Airtel number to other mobile operator. If you have any queries in porting Airtel number , then please do call its support number .